Owner : Russ Chapman - Ashland, Ohio
Thanks to the visitors who have viewed the Brutusmobile!
My name is Russ Chapman and I live in Ashland Ohio. I have had the car since the spring of 2003.
I was looking for something different to take to the games and tailgate. I found the car in a barn in Fremont Indiana. It had been stored for only a couple of years. Top had some holes and the upholstery had a few tears in it. The paint was oxidized & had no shine to it at all. It was painted a pale yellow with black fenders. It had this ugly black top with yellow wheels.
I had to replaced the transmission and fix the steering column. The wiring was messed up also. We started on it in May and by September we were driving it around although not done. We still had to replace the top and redo the interior.
My neighbor, who is a big Buckeye fan, took one look at it and told me he had the perfect hood ornament and a few moments later, came out with the stature of Woody. Believe it or not I have had people tell me that after they have touch Woody they have had good luck come their way! The trailer came about a year later. At first I got a small teardrop but after one season I decided it was just too small. I then found this one and it works great.
- Its a 1929 Ford Model A Deluxe Roaster
- The car had the honor of being on a HBO Documentary Film aired just before the big game in 2007 titled "Ohio State Michigan The Rivalry" I guess it was about 3 seconds of fame!
- It was voted the #1 Buckeye ride in an Internet contest sponsored by Conrads Gift Shop in Columbus
- It has appeared in parades and fundraiser across the state
- It has been in the OSU Homecoming Parade since 2003
- This summer it is going to be in the College Football Hall of Fame parade, where OSU's great Rex Kern will be inducted.
- In the fall of 2007 it was on Display inside the Buckeye Hall Of Fame Cafe
- Beside the stature of Woody, it has a Brutus Head as its gearshift knob, Block O turn signals, hand made oak trunk and a musical Horn that plays the OSU Fight song
It has been a lot of fun and attracts a lot of people where ever it goes. Thanks for your interest and GO BUCKS!